Survey Results Are In. Here's What Customer Service Leaders Are Saying About Their Jobs in 2018.

The exclusive results from DigitalGenius' 2018 customer service leaders survey are in. Here's what they're saying about their jobs, their teams, hiring and retaining agents and more.

Jay Hinman
Posted by Jay Hinman
envelope

Subscribe to the DigitalGenius Blog

Get the latest content from the intersection of artificial intelligence and customer service delivered right to your inbox.

Keep up to date with the latest insights
in artificial intelligence and customer service

SUBSCRIBE

 

dg_guide_surveysays

We've just published the results of our exclusive survey of customer service leaders across North America, and have made them available in a downloadable guide.

This new data is not only of use for customer service leaders and their teams, but for anyone looking for deeper insights into the nature of how the support agents we interact with on a daily basis view their own jobs.

This insight, for instance: 43% of respondents told us that the higher their CSAT scores, the higher the revenue generated from their customers. The linkage between happy customers and higher revenues has never been so clear. Or this: 91% of customer support organizations answer emails as one of their main channels - leaving us to wonder about the 9% who don't. Oh wait - 94% of customer support teams still take phone calls from customers. Can anyone remember the words "call center"?

Our survey also came up with some pretty breakthrough findings on the types of tickets that that support team as dealing with day-in and day-out. 4 out of 5 customer support leaders told us that 20 percent or more of their team's tickets are repetitive, yet easy to solve. That means mind-numbing tickets asking for refunds, upgrades, cancellations, account lookups and the like, over and over. Moreover, 25% of respondents also stated that their customer service agents use between 5 and 8 different systems to resolve inbound customer questions. It just so happens that we have some answers to those two challenges in particular.

Please come take a look at the new Guide that addresses the survey results; it's called Survey Says: What Customer Service Leaders Say About Their Jobs in 2018. We'll be referencing it more in future posts in this space as well.

Download here!

envelope

Subscribe to the DigitalGenius Blog

Get the latest content from the intersection of artificial intelligence and customer service delivered right to your inbox.

Keep up to date with the latest insights
in artificial intelligence and customer service

SUBSCRIBE